Friday, February 6, 2009

Curly's

i ordered the fish brettone, curly's fresh fish entree sauteed with mushrooms, capers and a white wine and butter sauce. it was very rich and, unfortunately, after having some of the ricotta or goat cheese-stuffed pablano hot pepper and the recommended black bean soup (both excellent) i was in no position to make much of a dent in my entree. but what i did have and what i shared was enjoyed by everyone. i also enjoyed a sample of the chicken ochee entree. i would recommend both.
curly's has a caribbean slant to it and considers itself to be fine dining which is supported by the the price of the meal.
i was not too fond of the dining room music (from the get-go which started with a jimmy buffett ditty) but the companionship and conversation minimized it.
i would definitely like to go back and try some of the other entrees.

2 comments:

  1. I had the paparrdelle alla carbonara (I hope I spelled it right). Its rather large pasta noodles in a cream sauce with English peas, bacon lardons, and poached eggs. It was quite interesting and I'm really glad I tried it (I just love the Bobby Flay-like egg accessory).

    Like Jeff says, the Poblano pepper was fantastic. I can't comment on the pepsi, but I will recommend the Pinot Noir, and I sincerely hope that my fellow wine drinkers are ok this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curly's was a very pleasant surprise and the company was great. I had the Silk & Satin, based entirely on its sexy name. It turned out to be a creamy Northern Italian dish that was quite good. The pinot noir (what was the label?) was just right and it really took the edge off when our spunky waitress clunked me in the head with a plate while clearing our table. Other than that and the Muzak, the service and atmosphere were fine. Nice choice.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete